A lot has been going on in our household in the past couple of weeks. You can probably guess that’s is why I haven’t posted, though I really have no excuse because there is always time in the day to pop in for a little hello.
Anyway, this is what I’ve been up to since my last post.
- We put an offer on a house, and that took a lot of time away from being here. This was the first time I’ve put an offer on a house and it was an exciting, scary, nerving experience. We also lost the bid to a couple who didn’t put any conditions in their offer. I feel an urge to tell the story of this experience and the lessons I learned, so more on that in a future post.
- In hopes of buying the house, we had to get our condo ready to be sold. This involved a lot of cleaning, de-cluttering, and staging. The results were WOW! Check out our beautiful ‘new’ bookshelves.
- I finished my first knitting project! A hat for my newest niece, Quinn, in a lovely violet-coloured bamboo cotton blend. The problem? I didn’t check my gauge beforehand and it’s way too small for her…in fact, it wouldn’t fit the head of a cat. Lesson learned.
- I’ve started my first sewing project in ages. A sun cover up shirt by McCalls with this pattern.
- We’ve been making plans to get away for the week before the G20. We’re close to the security zone and we have no interest in being around for the disruption, protests, and potential violence in our own backyard.
- I’ve finished a first draft of Veronica’s gifts. Still don’t feel comfortable posting it, which is funny because this is a blog about writing, but there you have it.
- I’m all but finished my blog redesign, you should see it up here in two weeks (this is accounting for the possibility that we’ll be away next week)
- I’ve been working on some new dialog for Vicki-Lee Victoria, starring the hubby and I on our quest to find a house in our price-range in the city.
Thanks to my loyal readers for their patience since I’ve been away, and continuing patience for abandoning you again next week.
Until next time,